Thursday 24 April 2014

T - Tattooed and Christian

One concern from other Christians about me is the fact that I have tattoos. They tell me it's a sin, and that I should have them removed.

Other Christians support me and are proud of my tattoos,  saying that they give me an evangelistic edge; when people ask me about them,  I  am able to share parts of my testimony and what God has done for me.


The bible does say to not mark one's body,  however religious research has found that it was in reference to markings found in Pagan traditions... this same passage states that a person is not meant to shave, nor cut their hair.. should we also not participate in these bodily activities too?

Leviticus 19:23-28 23 “When you enter the land and plant fruit trees, leave the fruit unharvested for the first three years and consider it forbidden.[f] Do not eat it. 24 In the fourth year the entire crop must be consecrated to the Lord as a celebration of praise. 25 Finally, in the fifth year you may eat the fruit. If you follow this pattern, your harvest will increase. I am the Lord your God. 26 “Do not eat meat that has not been drained of its blood. “Do not practice fortune-telling or witchcraft. 27 “Do not trim off the hair on your temples or trim your beards. 28 “Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord.

The old testament is one that was wiped by Jesus dieing on the cross. The old covenants are gone and the new is enforced. . Think about it. We no longer stone people to death because they cheated on their spouse (that's murder). We no longer sacrifice animals to connect receive forgiveness from God (that's animal cruelty) and women no longer marry their rapists if they are single (that's just morally wrong and thank goodness).


Jesus has saved us from such old testament practices and laws. 





My tattoos aid my evangalistic ministry and I am proud of them. 













Your Starfish Story is still being written.  . . Have faith

3 comments:

  1. That tattoo is beautiful! I would definitely be proud to have it. And you're right, we're under the new covenant of grace-there is no sin in having a tattoo. So glad I found your site through the a-z challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Abby!

      I'm a little sick of being looked at like a criminal haha. I don't recall any gang members having butterflies ;) haha

      Can you please post your blog link?? Interested to read :) x

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah, oops! www.truebelovedblog.com

      Thanks, that'd be great.

      Delete