Wednesday 2 April 2014

B - Being Bare; Surrendering and being real with God

Wednesday 2nd April 2014


For those who know me, I find the most comfort in not wearing shoes. For those who know what it feels like to be barefoot in various terrains,  they will understand what I am about to say.


When I am barefoot, I feel everything.  I feel the softness of the grass. The warmth of a snuggly carpet. I feel the splash as I walk through the cool rain puddles.



Though on those hot summer days, I feel the burning of the cement. I feel the harsh stab of bindies (small needle-like plants) sticking into my feet. I feel the rough rocks and sticks as I walk through the bush.  .  .


My feet hurt. . .


This is the same when we are bare with God. When we surrender to God and 'die to ourselves' we open our heart, mind and soul to Him. This enables us to feel his ultimate love. His grace. His unfathomed power to create beauty in our lives..
At the same time, we open ourselves up to ridicule. To criticism. To hurt. To bullying.

To pain.


To protect our feet, what do we do? Wear shoes.  Our feet won't get burnt, spiked or bruised. But I would risk that for the soft grass, warm snuggly ccarpet and splash of puddles.
This may seem confronting. Scary. Not worth it. But I tell you, when I bare my heart to God, he speaks to me in ways I have never been spoken to before by anyone. I hear his whisper "You are beautiful. Strong. Brave. My princess. You are loved. Honoured. Royalty."
The heat, spikes, rocks and sticks are worth this.




Be bare. You won't regret it.





Your Starfish Story is still being written. . . Have faith

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on being open to God, no point trying to hide stuff from him anyway, but I'm a shoe fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha too funny :) I encourage you to one day slip your shoes off to feel a rain puddle. It's magnificent! X

    ReplyDelete